Saturday, August 7, 2010

I'm the master of my soul

After a week without posting here Im back.
Its kinda late to write something, so Im going to paste one of the best and one my favourite literature's book.
A Victorian Poem by the English poet William Ernest Henley.

Invictus:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
------------------------------------------

By the way there is a movie now about it, that tells the history about Nelson Mandela and South Africa, one of the best movies that I saw in my life, Invictus.

Invictus is a 2009 biographical drama film based on events in South Africa before and during the 1995 Rugby World Cup, hosted in that country following the dismantling of apartheid. Directed by Clint Eastwood, the film stars Morgan Freeman as South African President Nelson Mandela and Matt Damon as François Pienaar, the captain of the Springboks, the South African rugby union team.[3] The story is based on the John Carlin book Playing the Enemy: Nelson Mandela and the Game That Changed a Nation.
font:"wekipedia"

tomorrow Im gonna talk more about the movie and give my opinion about it, dont miss it! :D

PS: today I toke my puppy to get vaccinated, now he cant sit, I guess his ass hurts! hahahaha

1 comment: